Friday, April 18, 2008

late night (early morning) thoughts

so it is officially 2:32 am and i am still awake
. . . unfortunately
as i lay in bed wide awake i am trying to figure out why my eyes are refusing to shut
i keep telling myself that i have a serious problem 
and that i should probably go see someone about it
but when i look away from the dark celling 
and towards my desk i see something that i regret. . .
a venti cup of joe with a dark logo on it that says starbucks
thats when i remember the five dollars i spent
thats when i remember the 8 pm run
thats when i remember the long list of overdue homework assignments that i have
and just then my mind begins to race. . .
another long list forms, and ideas about things to do this summer (random) begin to form
right then i want to inject myself with some sort of brain-slower-downer
thats when i remember why that cup was five dollars instead of my normal four and half
two extra shots
and thats when i begin to hate myself

for those of you who dont know me very well. . . i have a serious problem
i love coffee :)
but as i have learned tonight, coffee does not love me
because if it did, it would let me sleep!

as of right now, this morning, 2:40 am, friday april 18th, 
I AM GIVING UP COFFEE 
take that back. . .
I AM GIVING UP CAFFEINE!
keep me honest O Lord
and let me sleep tonight
amen

No comments: